Should I choose an Annual Multi Trip Policy?

If you are taking more than one trip a year, an Annual Multi-Trip policy may be more suitable. This covers you for multiple trips within the destination area you have chosen during a 12 month period for up to 22, 32 or 45 days depending on the level of cover you select.

What is a Backpacker Policy?

The Backpacker policy is great if you're out of the country for a long period of time. This policy provides cover for trips lasting up to 547 days.

What is Travel Disruption Cover?

If you make your own holiday arrangements and book your flights, accommodation and car hire separately and not as part of a package holiday, our extended travel disruption cover option could be ideal as it'll cover you for unexpected events such as natural disasters, outbreak of infectious diseases, strikes or airport closures.

Silver cover provides cover up to £1,000 for each insured person, Gold insurance gives you up to £2,000 of cover, while Ultimate will cover you for £3,000 if your trip is cancelled or cut short as a result of:

  • The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advising against travel to or evacuation from your holiday destination;
  • A natural disaster making your accommodation uninhabitable;
  • Strike action leading to the cancellation of your international transport from the UK; or
  • An airport, port or airspace being closed for 24 hours.

As well as cover for cancelling or cutting short your trip, our insurance also covers you for:

  • Reasonable additional accommodation and transport costs incurred, up to the standard of your original booking. This applies if you can't use your accommodation due to fire, flood, tsunami, hurricane or infectious disease; and
  • Enforced stay if you're stuck abroad due to airspace or the airport or port, or the Channel Tunnel being closed for more than 24 hours.

Where can I get information on any country I plan to visit?

You can get help from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website, which offers a wealth of travel advice, tips and up-to-date, information on most countries.

I have (or have had) medical problems, will my insurance cover this?

Our policies can cover many medical conditions. We offer a medical screening process, and this will tell you whether claims for your existing medical condition will be covered. Some conditions may mean you have to pay a bit more to make sure you're fully covered.

I want to take a break for over three weeks, will this be covered under your annual policy?

Yes. Our annual insurance allows up to 22 days for any one trip if you choose Silver cover, up to 32 days if you choose Gold cover, or up to 45 days if you select Platinum cover.

I live with my partner, but we're not married, are we still eligible for a family policy?

Yes, we can cover you and up to 5 of your children with a family policy. If it's just the two of you, please select a couple policy.

I'm a single parent, do I have to pay the full family price?

No, our pricing is based on who the policy covers.

My child is 18, will they be covered under a family policy?

Our Family policies cover your children aged 17 and under. If your child is 18 or over you can purchase a policy in their own name or purchase a Group policy that can cover you all.

Is there anything I won't be covered for?

There are some exclusions which are detailed fully in the policy wording. Here are some of the main ones:

  • This policy will provide Coronavirus cover under the Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses section only. This will only apply if you do not travel against the published advice of the FCO and are not travelling to a country where the World Health Organisation has declared a pandemic or epidemic (other than a previous declaration of pandemic or epidemic that predated FCO advice allowing travel to that country).
  • Travelling against medical advice or to obtain medical treatment;
  • Pre-existing medical conditions that haven't been agreed by us;
  • Hazardous sports or activities that haven't been agreed by us;
  • Pregnancy or childbirth, if the due date is less than 12 weeks (16 weeks for a multiple birth) after the end of the trip;
  • Theft from unattended vehicles in some circumstances;
  • Loss or theft of baggage not reported to the police within 24 hours or as soon as possible after that; and
  • Flying, except as a fare-paying passenger in a licensed passenger carrying aircraft

How will my policy documents be sent to me?

Your policy documents can be downloaded from this site on completion of your purchase and will also be emailed to you. If you'd prefer to receive a paper copy of your policy documents, please email: